Berlin Cathedral is an Evangelical church situated on the northern part of Spree Island in Berlin. Berlin Cathedral’s official name is ‘Upper Parish Church and Cathedral of Berlin’. The Spree Island, which is also known as Museums Island, is located in Berlin Mitte (district of ‘Mitte’). The Cathedral was built between 1894 and 1905 to plans by Julius Raschdorff. The architecture follows Italian high renaissance and baroque style. The cathedral is a listed building and is one of Germany’s most eminent evangelical churches. The cathedral is comprised of a central Predigtkirche under the dome, as well as a Traukirche and Taufkirche (literally, sermon, marriage and baptism church). The main doorway is located at Lustgarten. Many members of the House of Hohenzollern are buried in the crypt of the cathedral.